Friday, December 19, 2014

December 15-I'm sailing on-Good-bye Las Lomas

Querida familia,

Como estan?  Que bien.

Excitement and pressure are high as changes are TODAY.  Reminds me a lot of when I was with my companion Elder Pizarro.  Super cool guy.  But everyday praying that changes and my day of liberation would come... LOL.

This week was super chill.  I did a few work visits, and members were constantly accompanying us to do visits.  Lessons are a lot more spiritual when you have the testimony of a normal member there.  Therefore,  accompany your ward missionarys!!!  Yet after all my hard work, only 1 investigator came to church.... yup time for changes LOL.

My favorite investigator of all time is Edwin Saucedo.  A fun, relaxed joven 16 years old who's teaching me how to breakdance, but at the same time is converting into a Disciple of Christ.  He understands everything we teach, and actually reads and prays!!!!  Can believe that??  Someone who actually reads and prays by their own will.  He didn't come to church this week.... but its ok cuz he still is progressing haha.  He told us of spiritual experiences hes had praying, and even how God has answered his prayers.  One of them being that his best friend would be protected and make a good decision instead of something that would ruin him, and it came true!  Ever since then hes known that we´re here for a reason and what we teach is true.  Love that guy.

To end this epistle, Ill answer Moms bonus survey.
What was the most exciting thing that happened to you this week?
The most exciting thing of my week.... going to church?

  What lesson did the Lord teach you this week?
That you cant force the spiritual.  It comes through peace, love, and time.

  What was the most humbling moment?
Most humbling is my own failures that I blame my weak faith for.  I should know and do better and not get lazy.

  What gospel principle did you study this week and feed your testimony?
I was studying in Revelations especially chapter 17 and was hit by a doubt, because alot was exactly what Nefi saw in his vision in 1 nefi 11-14.  I read and compared, and had no idea that Nefi also saw what John saw.  In the end, I honestly felt the Spirit burning in me that it is true, and made my testimony 100 times stronger in the prophets, especially Joseph Smith, and that revelations are real.

  What Peruvian Christmas tradition do you find most interesting and why?
I absolutely love how everybody in the whole town sets off fireworks.  EVERYbody.  Its kind of dangerous.  They also consider it good luck to rub your face with a guinea pig......  I'm going to have a lot of good luck this year ;)

  How does this year compare to last year?
I'm a'lot more mature and not even 100th bit trunky as I was last year.

  Are you and your companion enjoying opening a package every day?
Its amaazzzinnnnnng!

 How is the coloring coming?
Sometimes I forget....  buts its beautiful.

  Did you give the mission president’s wife her gift?
Snot Christmas yet....


Have a great week!!!!  Stay tuned for changes!!!!!

Con Amor,
Elder Walker
My Fan Club and a better one



No comments:

Post a Comment