Friday, December 19, 2014

December 8, Hoppy Holidays; Merry Fishmas; So much Christmas Cheer

Querida familia!

Woo!  This week was SO excited!!  I saved a cat from a train, stopped an armed robbery, and baptized 50 llamas.

Ok so you already can tell nothing interesting happened this week.  Surprise.  No, to be honest I was a chambon and didn't write anything during the week to tell y'all, so I'll just answer moms questionnaire :)

"Your turn to talk.  Tell us about your experiences this week-by detail.  How do you feel during the discussions?
I feel... pressure.  Well it depends!  I try to be their friends at first and joke around, but most people are boring and don't like my jokes... lol.  So we teach and depending on if they understand the message, I get pumped and start to testify until we are taken away by the spirit and start to sing angelic halelujahs!!    Something like that.

  Has God answered any of your prayers?
Yes.  1% of 100.  He only answers when I actually pray for a good reason and true sincerity.  But when he does answer, its an unforgettable experience/feeling.

  Do you get promptings?
Always.  But mostly when I see pizza half price.

  What’s the most exciting thing that happened? 
Most exciting thing?  When I saved the cat from getting hit by the train.

 Funny? 
Baptizing 50 llamas

 Disappointing? 
Turns out you're not allowed to baptize llamas.

 Learning?
Learned I cant baptized llamas anymore.  but they didn't say anything about alpaca...

  Where do you feel the most growth is? 
The most growth Ive felt is the green mold in my toe nails.  LOL jk mom.  The most growth would be my own maturity and testimony of the plan of salvation.  Also that keeping the commandments bring us more happiness than not.

 What have you changed the most? 
Ive changed how lazy and ungrateful I was.  Ill never forget how good we have it in America...  And Ive learned obedience even if I dont understand why.

 How do you like your package?
BEAUTIFUL!!!  HERMOSO!  MUUUUUUUUCHAS GRACIAS!  Que Dios te bendiga!  Es lo maximo!  Everyday I have a little surprise to wake up to.  Thuper cool.

Well that's where the questions end.  For all of those who dont know, the Church is doing (How is it in English?)  "He is the Gift"  En español EL ES LA DADIVA.  Its a super cool video/program to remind the world that besides the gifts and family and holiday cheer, Christmas is about remembering the birth of Christ.  The greatest gift the God gave us.  For God so loved the World the He sent His Beloved Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, the same should not perish, but have eternal life.  John 3:16.
Remember this Christmas, your Savior.  And what truly matters most.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker
Pictures:  Exito!!!  So Much Christmas Cheer
*I mailed his package the middle of November fully expecting it not to arrive by December 1st because it usually takes 6 weeks.  The Peruvian post office was even on strike.  I was so surprised when he told me the package arrived December 1st-two weeks later!  I had included a count down calendar with tree, ornaments and something to open daily for he and his companion.  Thus the pictures.  Mama Walker 
Can you see the picture of his girl?
 




No comments:

Post a Comment