Thursday, February 13, 2014

Treasure!!

Querido familia,

Elder Walker here.  Hows the fam?  You guys still care about me right?  No one wrote this week jaja.  Its alright...

I dont think Ive told you guys about my new bffs.  Ever since the transfers we got some new gringos, another Elder Walker and Elder Perez.  It was basically love at first sight.  We just have so much in common, its like we were destined to fall in love here in Peru.  Plus apparently we both met at a party a year ago.  hm.  crazy party.
Another thing I realized this week is that Ive had dreams about Peru my whole life.  In these dreams Im in a run down town that looks eactly like Peru.  Theres also a giant T-Rex thats chasing me.  Im not sure why... so Ill just say thats Satan.  And in my dreams id always find little caches of hidden treasures in houses.  Id like to compare those to investigators, because really they are my treasure out here. :)

Speaking of Treasures, we had a wedding this week!!  Peru weddings are honestly pretty lame haha, but it was still beautiful to see the Spirit in there lives.  Naquiche and I also sang a special remix of Nearer My God to Thee.  Every Latinos favorite hymn.  Anyways, Yet only the wife and daughter got baptized, because the husband still doesnt want to repent.  So one night he was outside alone wondering what he should do, and I read to him this scripture(not quoted) - Where your treasure is, there will your heart be too.  I then proposed to him this question- hermano Javier, who are you?  And what is your treasure?  .....He thought for abit.  I could tell he was debating inside.  So he instead dodged it and tried to talk about something else that didnt even make sense.  This scripture is very true.  The things we treasure and protect in our lives, are the things that our hearts most desire and rejoice in.  The things we truly want, and give our time and work for.  So my question for all of you is- Who are you?  And what is your treasure?  Money? Food? Technology? or Family? Friends? Music? Virtues? God?  Id love to hear from all of you.

I love you all, hope you have a fandiddlytastic week.  Always remember where your treasure lies.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker

Ps.  I finally learned how to mail letters!!!  Thank you Jennifer and John for your letters and everyone else too!  Its really expensive to write back though haha.  But ill try ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment