Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Walking Disaster

Dear family,

"I haven't been home for a while, I´m sure everything's the same.  Mom and Dad both in denial, an only child to take the blame.  Sorry mom but I don't miss you!  Father´s no name, you deserve!  I'm just a kid with no ambitions, wouldn't come home for the world.  You´ll never know what Ive become.   The king of all that´s said and done; the forgotten son.  The city´s buried in defeat, I walk along these no name streets, wave good by to home, as I fall........

Well it was a treat to see you all last Sunday.  To be honest it just felt like we were having normal conversation haha.  I guess I kind of am over all homesickness.  It seems like nothings changed either.  Everyone's still working, studying, or looking for a girlfriend.  Frankly, the missions where its at!  Far away from all the stress of the world with only one job.  Ive learned so much out here, most of all Ive learned how to be independent.  As they say,  "You'll leave a boy and come back a man."  Well, Ill probably still be a boy when I come back haha.  But Ill know who I am.  I don´t need others anymore to tell me what I want or that the church is true.  I know what I want, and where I'm going in life.  And it makes me happy.

Why I tell you guys this I don't know lol.  I just feel its time to officially proclaim my manhood.

Today is also transfers, so in about one hour Ill find out whether I'm moving up this next change or not!  I told the President, and my leaders have too, that I'm ready for more responsibilities and want to work harder.  So hopefully he catches the hint that I'm tired of being junior companion (just like everyone else in my group) and want to train or do something more in my mission life other than being a junior cheeseburger.  I'm a Big Mac.  I'm ready to train a little fry.  Together we´ll drink in success.  It'll be a happy meal of blessings.  Ok Ill stop.

I'm outta time, so tune in next week for juicy information on transfer news!  I love you all, take care of yourselves!  Treat yourselves to a nice happy meal this week and we´ll celebrate together in spirit ;)  I'm always thinking of you guys and pray for you all.

With Love,
Elder Ryan Preston Walker
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I will be home in a while. you don't have say a word.  I cant wait to see you smile, wouldn´t miss it for the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment