Sunday, September 21, 2014

When September Ends...

Querido familia,

What a beautiful Pday.  I have the same problem as Cameron,  "I do so much all week, but forget everything when it comes to sit down and tell all."  I've done so much this week... I can only remember that today is Pday.  The mission just does this to you.  I cant even remember what day of the week it is anymore.  I just read plans, teach people, sleep, repeat.  I guess that's the sad part of the mission, but the good part is that I really have lost myself in the work. :)  Like really, I'm lost........... lol.

This week was the baptism of Michel de la Cruz.  I feel like I've waited all my mission just to baptize him.  He's not only the coolest chillest investigator, but my bffy!  I decided to buy him a pizza after his baptism I love him so much! :D  It wasn't even a real pizza because the pepperoni was some weird ham chunks and the cheese was goat cheese or something.  But it was the occasion that counts :)  He had really been looking for a chance to change his life and leave his past behind.  He just wants to live a chill life with his family and friends in the church and nothing else.  And now that's what he has. =)  The moment when he came out of the water he had the biggest spiritual smile on his face and gave me a big fat hug.  Ill never forget that.

I know that the work I'm called to do is true.  2 years preaching about Jesus, people would think you're crazy.  Sometimes I am.  But I know that Christ lives.  This is His Church and His gospel, and is the only way families can live together forever.  It is a blessing from a loving Heavenly Father.  And anyone can have it, if they just take the time to look for it.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker


 

No comments:

Post a Comment