Sunday, January 25, 2015

January 19, Soy un perdedor

Querida familia,

I'm a loser.  I went this whole week without writing my memories down to share with y'all.  My minds blank right now, this whole week was a blur.  We worked 24 7, did several services, and fasted.  

The highlight of my week was a fast that we did.  Not because it was fun either.  On the contrary so many bad things happened to us, I wondered why we were even fasting ha ha.  But after we fasted and proved our obedience, the Lord payed us.  Many investigators came to church, and all FINALLY brother Luis is going to be baptized this week.  I've been fasting and praying for 3 changes now that he'd keep the Sabbath Day, not work, and go to church.  And finally hes committed himself to rest every Sunday, every week, until he dies!  So hes ready to make this covenant with the Lord, and endure to the end.  The beautiful part is seeing the whole family at church (That same family I married in November- see past photos ;).  I couldn't leave Peru without converting at least one entire family unto Christ.  And now I have. :D  And not me, but the Lord.  He has simply given me the privilege in being the instrument in this family's conversion.  And it makes me happy.  :)  Nothing.... honestly nothing feels better than this.

On top of that I'm leaving this area a lot better than I found it.  There's still much work to do, but I'm hoping Ive helped my companion change for the better too.  I look forward to the best and know he´ll be an amazing missionary if he'd just forget about what others think and lose himself in this great cause.  I'm leaving him a few baptismal dates so I'm leaving him with good fruits and work to do. :)

That's all.  I promise I'll bring more "funny stories" next week.  Sorry I'm not that funny he he....  but stay tuned!!  Good news to come!  Get excited!!!

Con Amor,
Elder Wafer

No comments:

Post a Comment