Monday, April 6, 2015

The Last Stretch

Querida familia,

Lets just get it over with.

WAOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOONDÑFKNDFNS,.MDNFKLJÑLKJSDKJÑKLJSNDFKLSLKF??¡¿¿''¿!!

Yea so today happens to be the exact day that marks 6 months till the second coming.... of Elder Quaker.  My Mish Presidente has informed me this last week that my official release date is the 6th of October.  So be joyous and filled with glee.  Don't get trunky yet guys.

This was the weirdest week of my mission.  For many reasons.  SO many reuniones.  And on top of that we moved houses, my compy got super deathly sick one day, more reuniones, work visits, general conference, and so much stuff.  Kind of wish I was a junior cheeseburger again lol.  Big Macs starting to give me diarrhea.

Every month we have a Mission Leadership Council which is a huge reunion for the assistants, President, and Zone Leaders.  It's pretty intense because you could either get congratulated for your zones results, or burnt to crisps.  My last zone, Los Angeles, ended with 17 baptisms of the 23 goal :D  Even though I wasn't there to finish the month, I know my efforts helped out.  That zone had never passed 10 baptisms for almost a year now.  But I really wished I was there to enjoy it :(  But my current zone, Tahuantinsuyo, ended with 12 baptisms out of the 12 goal :D  And this month were going for 15.  Stoooked!!

We had 3 familias come to conference this week!!!!  WOOOO!  I wanted to cry :,)  2 of them should be getting baptized this month.  One of them is Bruce and Jessica.  Bruce Almighty (I call him) is one of the coolest investigators I've taught.  He and his wife are super stoked to get married this 24th de April and baptized the 25th.  The only obstacle is that because he's so social and tight with everybody, he's easily tempted to drink with friends.  But we're cutting out Satan from his life!  Right now I'm making him a USB to listen to while he works with MOTAB and talks from the prophets about alcohol and familias.  We're also having members pass by everyday so he has someone to talk to and encourage him.  He's getting baptized Si o Si!
Also a familia called Andy y Jaquelin.  Jaquelin was a simple street contact, and is now getting baptized the 25th with her son.  She's gone to church every week so far and even Relief Society activities.  Andy doesn't have a problem with any commandments but isn't sure if he wants to get baptized cause he's scared to not drink at his birthday with his family in December.  Kind of ridiculous.  But we just keep ignoring his weird fears and keep teaching him new things till the Lord opens his mind and he can get baptized together with his fam :)

Wow I've talked a lot.  Sorry.  Enjoy :D  Conference was great.  My favorite talks were exactly the same as Dads.  Can't wait to watch the next one with yall ;)
Love you byee!!

Con Amor,
Elder Walker


PS I've decided to add trivia questions at the end of my emails.  Everyone should intent and give me their answer :)
Did we know joy before we were born?  If no/yes, what scripture says so?
 
Pictures:
Moving
all done.... pitucaso
6 month countdown pic till the second coming of Elder Quaker....
view from my room
Shes watering her garden?  All Peruvians do this.... I'm still not sure why.
 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment