Tuesday, December 11, 2012

last email MERRY X-MAS.....

Dear World,

I write to you with a heavy heart, but contrite spirit.  I could write about how crazy life still is as a missionary and all the funny stories and miracles we witness each day, but rather I am going to bear testimony of what I know to be true and some things I´ve learned.  I cannot believe this amazing journey I have embarked in over the past year has come to a close.  I have learned soooo much!!!  First of all I have learned the importance of becoming a "Preach My Gospel" missionary.  It works!  I hope to continue putting what I have learned into practice.  As this chapter of my life comes to a close I just want to say thank you everyone for your love and support.  Most of all I am grateful for the love of my Savior.  I know he lives, loves me, and watches over me in every footstep.  I have learned the most about my Savior out here and what it truly means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.  How interesting that he, like us, had to learn and understand who he was, and about His purpose as He progressed in life.  Through the scriptures, His gifts, determination, and abilities, He learned of His role as the Savior.  In order to qualify as our Savior he had to go through everything we went through and more.  Through my life and mission I have tried to catch a glimpse of understanding His life and Atonement, but will never fully comprehend it.  What I do know and understand is His love for me.  What a great opportunity it´s been to show my love back by serving as His representative for the past year and a half.  I trust Him, and for that I have been blessed.  I have felt His love in my life and much more as I have shared it with others.  I have gone from having a testimony to a rock solid testimony.  One that cannot be shaken.  What is a testimony?  Something you KNOW.  I know the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lifes because I have seen it change my life for the better.  As I have sacrificed worldly things, possesions, and activities to follow Christ, I have learned what is truly important to me.  This experience was the best preparation I needed for my future and my Heavenly Father knew that.  My understanding, appreciation and desire to read the scriptures has grown tramendously.  After several times of reading the Book of Mormon over the course of my mission it becomes more apparent how important this book is, how true it is, and how it can miraculously change ones life.  I now try to imagine what it would be like being there, especially when Christ came.  How would I have approached him, what would I have said to him, what would He have said to me?  I imagine Him pleading to the Father in my case.  I hope He is proud of the job I´ve done out here in Barcelona España.  I don´t know if you´ve seen the movie "Mr. Kruegar´s Christmas" when he´s at the foot of baby Jesus´s craddle talking and pleading with Him?  Well that´s about how I feel right now at this point with all the emotion and thoughts running through my head.  I LOVE my Savior!  He is my Lord and King.  We need to use this time wisely to prepare for His coming, because I know He will come and I know we will see miracles in the process if we choose to follow Him.  I love this church, I love everything about it and KNOW it to be true.  I know Joseph Smith restored the church of Jesus Christ back to the earth.  The way I have gained that testimony is throught the Book of Mormon and Bible.  I know them both to be true books, both testaments of Christ that work hand in hand.  I know that the Priesthood authority (permission straight from God) to baptize was also restored back to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  What a key role He played in this dispensation so that we could know the truth and follow our Savior with full purpose of heart and finally understand through such confusing times.  I love the Lord and know that He died for us so that we can live with Him and the Father again in their Kingdom.  How do I KNOW these things to be true?  I have read, prayed about it, and applied Christ´s doctrine in my life.  I close my mission saying that I know Christ LIVES!  In the name of our Savior, Lord, and King AMEN.

Sincerly,
with love for the last time,
HERMANA WALKER

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

* see ya´ll soon! *
http://www.lds.org/?lang=eng
--
Hermana Caminadora, Spain Barcelona Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints




 

No comments:

Post a Comment