Monday, January 21, 2013

Dec. 25, 2012 Feliz Birthday and happy Navidad

Feliz Navidad (sch ch ch ch) Feliz Navidad (sch ch ch ch ch) Feliz Navidad, prospero año y felizada Yahaaaaaaa
And happy birthday (bluh) to Virginia Cox.
 

The Deer family,

I don´t want to write much here becuase then I won´t have things to say to you tommorow. Get some questions in mind to ask me and I would like to hear your experiences as well that you guys have been having. We both know that there isn´t enough space to write everything in emails. 

So when you see me, my face might look like rotton tomato, red and peely. We did some service Wednesday. I got called the night before by my leaders to help someone move. We showed up at 7:45 in the Morning just to find out that we had to move a circus... (Los Negritos de Oro). It was a family that just recently got baptized. Well, this service project took a lot out of me. We seriously took down a circus and put the things in a truck, then drove to their next destination and took the things out of the truck. It went on for 5 hours in blistering heat. I didn´t put sunscreen because I didn´t know anything about it. So I just started my peeling yesterday... Fun. 

We had a cool Baptism. We´ve been teaching Ismael Salvatierra for a couple months now. A while ago, we put a baptismal date and a marriage date. He got Married this past Friday, his baptism Satuday, and his confirmation Sunday (I also had to give a talk yesterday). It was pretty nice. His wife is already a member since she was a little girl but very inactive. Now, they are both going to be active and great parents for their daughter. Sweet stuff.

I´ve been also thinking a little bit about prayers this week. The point of a prayer isn´t to change the will of God by asking for obscure and sometimes seemingly impossible blessings, but instead, to search for his will and follow it. As missionaries we have to rely alot on our Father in Heaven and not on our own knowledge. 

Have a great Christmas!!!

-Elder Walker
 

No comments:

Post a Comment