Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 14 - On the road again (week 37)

Querido familia,

The missionaries worked, and worked, and worked, and worked, and worked, and worked, and got nothing.  Haha.  My companion and I worked this week probably the hardest Ive ever worked my whole mission.  Started out great, but for some reason by the end of the week everything was falling apart.  This last Friday, not a SINGLE person let us into their house, except for our star investigator, sister Ruth.  Very frustrating when you walk and talk all day just out of love to serve people, and all they do is make excuses for another day.  Any advice from my return missionary family?  I already know the answer though.  We honestly just didn't have the Spirit.  Well at least I know I didn't.  And if ye have not the Spirit, ye shall not teach.  Name that scripture.  I don't blame myself tho, every house had a different excuse and just frustrated me more.  I guess that's why one of the missions goals is "I will love the Peruvian People".

Anyways in good news :), I love my companion!  Nobody has been more humble, loving, obedient, and willing to work with me my whole mission!  Even though we had a bad day, we still support each other and tell jokes or stories to build each other up.  I cant even explain everything, but hes awesome.

Interviews were also this week, and I feel like my mission president and I have finally connected.  My whole mission we've just always been in this awkward small talk friendship.  But after this last interview we both really got to know each other.  He told me many things, which the Spirit constraineth me to say at this time, but he also told me he might have to make me a trainer this next transfer, even though Id rather stick with my current companion.  Also because of supply and demand, I might train a white boy!  Or gringo, mejor dicho...  But its practically impossible that gringos ever train other gringos.  But ya know, I'm down for whatever.

Id love to leave you all with a spiritual thought this week.  But I'm out of time.  So... love one another. :)

Con Amor,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment