Monday, July 28, 2014

Hey There (Post for July 28)

Querido familia,

Well, I feel like a jerk.  I totally forgot to write you guys and now my internet time is ending hahahaaaaaaaa.  Perdoname.

Just to keep it short n sweet Ill throw in some details of this week, esta bien? :)

This week basically consisted of three things: teaching, rain, and paperwork.  Oh and buses.  I'm so sick of buses.  I was supposed to take a days vacation to Ecuador this week for my visa.  I woke up at 5 all ready to go, cold shower, no breakfast, out the door- oh wait!  Do I bring my suit?  I call the offices- "Oh ya um, you're not going anymore.  Maybe next week."  WHAT.  Forget this I'm sleeping in.  Haha or that would have been sweet, but instead they sent me to Migrations, which is a dark cold place where you sit for hours waiting to fill out paperwork.  I went 3 or 4 times this week- cant even remember.  I took at least 25 buses this week, the normal bus ride consisting of at least an hour.  And all week it rained nonstop, which is weird because it usually never rains, just cloudy skies all day.  But the rain is super weird here.  Its literally just a mist.  Not even your average mist, like a vapory mist that suffocates you.  Its like swimming through polluted mist all day.  But I kind of enjoy it.

The highlight of my week was eating bacon and eggs and PANCAKES for the first time in forever!!!!!  I mean real pancakes, not the crap ones we tried to make last month haha.  and BACON!!  Oh sweet bacon.  My favorite investigator, Ruth, lived in America for 5 years and was a chef in Dennys.  So she invited us to some delicious bacon eggs n pancakes :).  Pictures soon to come ;) (I'm out of time:( )

Well I do actually have a spiritual message, but you'll have to stay tuned for next week. :)  But I love you all, stay strong, stay true, and most importantly- stay fresh.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment