Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Real Message

Querido lindo familia,

¡Buenos dias!  Greetings from Peru!  Elder Walker here.  Well, lets just get to it.  I'm... Immmmm........... I'm sorry.  I'm sorry I wrote lame letters all last month. 
Phew!  Glad that's over.  Lest get to the good stuff now, ya?

2 weeks ago we had 2 more baptisms.  Two kids named Eduardo and Valentino.  And once again, golden converts.  Man, feels like all I do is baptize golden converts.  lol.  Sure, they are kids, but they are better than any kids of their age!  Eduardo is only 12, but is already making plans to serve a mission, and is already saving his money!  They both read everything we leave them, and participate in all activities.  But above all, they're a complete family now.  They're siblings were inactive, and fighting all the time.  But now they're all active in the church, activities, they pray everyday, they read everyday, they love everyday, peace has been restored to the universe.  I believe one of the greatest blessings of the gospel to be the family.  Nothing replaces family, nor should anything replace the love and support one member has for the other.  But when things of the world replace that bond, it only leads to a dead end. And usually destroys the family.  Its especially sad for me as a missionary here in Peru, because I see it everyday.  Fathers prefer to drink and party in their free time. Mothers work all day and don't have time for their kids.  Kids end up spending all their day in the street, and doing whatever activities they pick up there.  Thus Satan and the world cheat them, and they go their separate ways doing what makes them "happy".  But happiness is temporary.  Families are forever.

On another spiritual note, my investigators are going great!  We are teaching a family right now named familia Becerra.  The father loves his 3 daughters and wife more than anything In the world, and especially loves the fact that families can be forever, thanks to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  It took about a month to really get them to progress, but now they're reading everything we leave 3 times, and praying!  Lo maximo!!  They still haven't attended church, but that's all gunna change this week ;)

My convert, Lorenah, is seriously the best convert in the world.  She is more than active in the church, and is still progressing spiritually.  We've actually talked some deep doctrine too.  She loves to learn more.  Shes really more my friend now than just a convert.  This week her sister should get baptized too.  Stay tuned!!

My companion, Elder Espitia.  Have I told you guys I love him?  Well if I didn't, I love my companion.  He's actually not a very social person, which bothers me because I usually end up talking to the investigators.  But he's da best!  Any scripture you want- he has it!  He also speaks a lot of English.  Oh and every time he sees a dog, he has to tell me some fun fact about dogs.  I usually make fun of him by telling him random fun facts about cats.  Did you know cats can feel the Spirit too?  Did you know if you leave a cat out in the sun, it'll explode?

In personal news, Elder Walker is getting fat.  Not fat fat, but pretty fat.  So I'm kind of fat but not fat fat so pretty fat.  Everyone tells me I'm skinny, but it just makes me feel more fat.  But I guess I am fat, spiritually, everyday I feast upon the words of Christ. ;)  Oh ya and speaking of cats, a cat peed all over my suitcase.  It doesn't bother me, but don't ask me why there's a giant yellow splotch on my big suitcase.  And speaking of poop, I'm so tired of poop.  The streets here are covered in poop.  I wish I could call down a flood like Noah to clean the streets here.  I step in at least 5 piles a day, 3 of them fresh.  But its also funny, because if you see a giant skid mark on the side walk, you can see where someone step in a pile and slid! hahahaaaaa, its funny to me because I've done it daily.  So it's really not that funny, so don't laugh.

I also at some guinea pig this week.  Check out the pictures, and Ill let you guys decide if it was delicious.  Because it was  ;)

There was also a giant fiesta outside our apartment last Saturday night, and went ALL NIGHT.  At 3 in the morning, my companion and I finally decided to call war. Fiesta at 3 in the morning on the sabbath day??  Apostasy!  Using my birthday balloons (thanks mom!) we went to the roof, filled them up with water, and began throwing them at the fiesta full of drunks, to cleanse this apostasy.  Brilliant idea!!  Except not one of them hit the party hahaha.  Disappointed, heart broken, and feeling like losers, we surrendered and went back to bed.

Well, I promise a spiritual message next week.  But I hope this gave you all a better picture of what I've been doing here in Peru the last few months  :)
Have a great week, and remember, you guys are the real MVPs.
Keep it fresh.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker


 


No comments:

Post a Comment