Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Oops I did it again

Querido familia,

Man how time flies in internet.  I'm already getting kicked off and I haven't even written the MVPs... my family :(

This week... I can't even remember what happened.  We just.... worked.  Weird right?  Last night I realized that I'm letting my new responsibilities get to my head.  By that I mean that I'm dedicating too much time to them, and practically none to myself.  Last week I got zero sleep and went to bed late every night.  And then my companion snored all night haha.  But then while we were walking in the street the other day, a song came on that reminded me of something very important.  "Ya we work hard, play hard, work hard, play hard!"  I realized that I'm working hard.... But I'm not Playing hard!!  Its all about the balance I guess.  So if you find yourself stressed, mad, or completely lost, its because you're not playing hard enough!  Chill out, take some time for yourself, and take time to remember who you are and why you're even doing what you're doing.  We cant be guided by the Spirit in our lives if we never take time to listen to it.

So I guess that's spiritual message for the week.  Always work hard, but don't forget to play hard ;) playing hard is just as important as working hard.

But the efforts payed off as we had 10 investigators come to church with 6 new baptismal dates and a family, in just our first 2 weeks.  I'm content, but this week we'll work even harder.  But when the work is done, we´ll play even harder ;).

Con Amor,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment