Thursday, August 16, 2012

called to serve him....

Dear Family,
 
It has been a good, but slower week.  We are without saldo(past our money and time limit) in our phone.  Which means no phone for a whole week.  The miracle of it is, is that the Lord has watched over and guided us from house to house.  People that have needed us just the moment they needed us.  The visits we were able to have were incredible!  It´s amazing how hoy en dia(today) we live daily off of our cellphones.  Something that´s been interesting this week without the movíl is that we´ve been more in tune with the spirit, as well as unified.  Prayer has taken place of the phone.  What a blessing in disguise it has been to have that testimony builder of the Holy Ghost and how it works in relation to prayer.  We have been lead by the Holy Ghost as if it has been by a GPS.  Tamara and Antonio will be getting baptized this week.  We are really excited since we have worked long and hard to get them in the water.  Something I enjoy about my companion that I have picked up from my companion is her connection with the people.  She has a way with people and the way the conversation flows, even though she is a native.  She is really in tune with people´s needs.  I have learned a lot from her.  Something I have also learned is that unlike most the Walker family, I LIKE SEAFOOD!!!!  We have a lot of it here, it hasn´t seemed to be a problem yet, I´ve actually enjoyed every meal of it.  We´ve eaten none stop here this transfer.  Today I realized I don´t need to buy any food.  That´s how much we´ve been fed by members and investigators....and you know what that means?   THEY LOVE US!!!!  That´s one good thing about being in an area for an eternity.  You get to know the people and become like family.  I love this work and know it to be the work of the Lord.  Hope all is well back home.  May God bless you!  Have a stupendous week!
 
Con amor,
Hermana Walker
 
ps-pictures of the hike we went on, us cooking, and doing the running of the bulls tour.  The clock is a countdown for the next running with the bulls in July.




No comments:

Post a Comment