Monday, January 13, 2014

Chocolate Quesadillas

Querido familia,

Pues por fin el fin de mi primer cambio ha llegado.  Es extrano pensar que ya fue 2 cambios.  Me siento que he estado aqui un ano.  Pero todo es tranquilo bebi.

I don think ive old you guys yet, bu I have the coolest zone.  The missionaries here are my bffs.  Theres another elder from vegas, and hes a super dooper pooper homie.  His names elder Stephens in case mom wants to stalk his family and talk to them.  Another Elder is from Cali,  Elder Anderson.  It was pretty much love at first sight.  We went on splitz for a day, and was easily the best day of my mission yet.  He pretty much taught me all I know.  Well honesly hes making me say all thissefylfew

But its time to get real.  Serving a mission has helped me realize just how real the Plan of Salvation is.  Things in this world, they fade away.  I can love my Iphone or a subway sandwhich all my life, but someday theyre going to be trash in the street or dust on the ground.  Its kind of scary att first to think that everything just fades away.  But its for that reason that Christ came to the Earth.  That through him, we can be saved from this inevitable death.  It brings me much comfort to know that there is purpose in this life.  That we can all live again with our families after this life.

But for example- have you ever wondered just why Christ was perfect?  We always say he was perfect, but why was he?  Christ suffered all manner of temptaton and affliction.  In John 16:28 it says "I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father."  Christ knew his misson in life.  He knew where he came from, and where hes going after this life.  Thats why he was perfect.  He knew his purpose, and what he needed to do so that we could learn from his example, and also through his sacrifice conquer death.

There are plenty of people in this world who just arent happy.  They go about their lives and same boring routine, wondering really what is the purpose of life, when everything fades away?  It seems everything in this life is just built to one day be broken.  But of course, this is what the adversary, Satan, wants us to think.  I testify that the Plan of Salvation is real.  All of this stuff is REAL.  Jesus Christ died for us, and lives again.  God is a loving Heavenly Father and knows all of his children, which is us, and desires that we keep his commanments so we can live again wih our families and friends and find true happiness and love.  And we can know it, if we trust him and ask him.
John 16:33  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Con Amor
Elder Walker
PS He also answered some of my questions on a separate e-mail and told some interesting tidbits:
I watched duck dynasty in spanish durin a lunch this week jaja.  Did you gwet my letter yet??  Also please tell uncle john and jennfer that I can write back without a stamp lol.  But I do intend to write back.
What zone are you in? Santa Isabel
How did you get a tan line? playing soccer all day and working in the sun all day
How do you find people to teach?  Street, members, referemces; And dragon ball z is HUGE here lol, sometimes I use it to contact people.
What do you do as service?  mostly paint.  Ya prety much just paint.
What meals do you prepare yourselves?  None, unless we buy fruits or snacks.
Do you go grocery shopping?  nope, zilch
How is the budgeting of money going?  Are you living within your means?  Are you able to save?-side note:  Craig saved enough money for all the souvenirs we bought at the pick up.  I have my own personal financial plan, yup im saving up
Should we sell your bike? NO
Are you cool enough?  Warm enough?  always hot
What does your apartment look like?  size of your bedroom and bahroom in total.  Wih a lower roof.
Do you smile ALL the time at ALL the people?  Nope lol usually tired, but i try
What is the scariest thing that has happened to you?  chased by a drunk guy
The funniest?
The most embarrassing?
The most spiritual?  all for after he mission ;) 
Do you write in your journal nightly? a veces
FROM MAMA'S QUESTION PAGE:)  I don't think he has spell check.

No comments:

Post a Comment