Monday, January 6, 2014

Feliz Navidad Muchachos

Querido familia y amigos y mundo,

First off,  Today marks 2 months!! :D  Happy anniversary to me.  

Thanks for telling me all about the great adventures of Craig.  Here I am starting my mission and all Im hearing is stories about Craig the Great.
Much christmas cheer this week in Peru.  The city is very beautiful at nght because each house, even though they only have one strand of lights, as you look across the city it full of color and beautiful.  During the day though its still Peru haha.  Theres still trash everywhere and latinos blasting some sort of rap music mixed with salsa.  So honestly, nothing beats Christmas in America.  Especialy because its summer down here.  Really throws me off.

Mom you want details, well here you go.  Each day we wake up.  I slap my alarm.  We pray together and personally.  I go strait into the shower usually while my companion sleeps in, which usually frustrates me.  The shower is colder than Africa, I always have to get myself pumped before I dive into it.  Then while my comp showers, I exercise to some intense Gospel music.  Stretches, Pushups, pullups, man stuff, you know.  It usually takes my compainon 45 minutes to poo and shower so I just start my personal study.  Usually we dont have time for much more than personal study because something else comes up.  I have to hide stuff from my companion jaja.  If I dont he touches them, gets them dirty, throws them in random places, or ruins them jajaja.  Ya.  Not happening.  Dont touch my stuff.  The mission life is pretty fun and spiritual when were actually working.  Naquiche likes to buy snacks alot and take breaks randomly.  Im also pretty sure he has no idea where hes going half the time.  We divide our area into sectors. Sectors 1, 2, 3, happy sector, and sector Z. Yesterday we went to sector Z, which is outer darkness of Peru.  The people there are all crazy, druggies, or super poor.  They literally live in boxes the size of our bathrooms.  Theyre very humble though.  When we teach, we get to know them first as friends, then open with a prayer, then find their needs.  The marketplace here is like the marketplace in Aladdin.  Filthy food, filthy people, filth everywhere.  But everything is super cheap, which is sweet.  Overall, the mission is bittersweet.

In closing, Merry Christmas to all! :D  This Christmas, we should all remember what were thankful for.  I am thankful for everything Ive been blessed with, physically and spiritually.  Im thankful for a family that supports me, friends that love me, the opportunity to be here in Peru, my health, a bed to sleep in after a long day of work, and for the blessing of little baby Jesus who was born on the 25th of December only to give his whole life to us.  To serve, teach, establish his church, and die for us, all out of his love so we can live again.

What are you thankful for?

Con Amor y feliz navidades,
Elder Walker

Ps Christmas cards and gifts are always accepted haha

No comments:

Post a Comment