Monday, January 6, 2014

Jola

Querido familia,

Well, I guess this is the mission life.  There are days that fly by and others that feel like theyll never end.  Honestly its alot more boring than I thought itd be jaja, especially when my spanish still sucks.  But the good moments always make up for it.  Its also pretty embarassing when even babies speak better spanish than me.  Speaking of babies kids make me so mad during lessons.  Like they having nothing else to do than freak out during lessons.  Im pretty sure kids are Satans beset weapon against the missionary work.  Every time things start to get super spiritual or you can tell the Spirit is working in the investigator, kids parade through the lesson screaming and partying.  Just last week we were praying, when I got slammed in the side of the head by a ball.  And a few days ago we we had just invited a family to be baptized, and then theyre kids start freaking out and banging toys everywhere.  Ugh.  Sorry, im venting, I should stop jaja.

Being a gringo in Peru rocks.  Everyone stares at me wherever I go, and I usually get a whistle jaja.  But theres also alot of snakes.  For those who dont know, snakes are those young women who go after missionaries.  And I guess dragons are older women jaja.  Missionaries usually joke about how many snakes they have.  Its pretty funny, except I dont have any snakes so I just listen... :(

By the way, Id like to thank everyone for all of their contributions to my mission.  I literally use everything I was given, and am so thankful I have it.

Yesterday during church was the primary program.  It was so cute and funny at the same time.  It made me miss Emily alot.  It was also the same day as our first baptism!!  Well it was more like my first baptismal service because I didnt really know her that much jaja.  Her name is Emiliana, and was baptised by my friend Carlos who is an extraordianry youth in our ward.  The Spirit was definitely there.  Theres no better feeling than being surrounded by people you love and watching someone choose to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized.  Many people think that things of this world make them happy, but I have never felt greater peace and happiness than when I am surrounded by my friends, family, and following Jesus Christ.

Con Amor
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment