Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year

First off, Id like to say Congratulations to Hailey Kowalski whos engaged!!!!  I really appreciated the Dear John.

Im sure youre all dying to know how my Christmas went.  It was great.  We ate soda and crackers, and worked the rest of the day.  No breakfast, dinner, gifts, letters, nothing.  Mission life rocks.
But Christmas in Peru is a huge deal!  The whole night they lit off fireworks, and right as the cloack hit 12, Every inch of the city was covered in fireworks!!  It was so beautiful and dangerous!  People would get hit by fireworks and people would just laugh at them hahaha.  So ya, that was my Christmas.

The happiest part of my week was seeing many of our investigators come to church.  We put many baptismal dates for this month, and so many families are progressing.  If anything, my Christmas gift was just the joy of helping others.  Its nice to see parents changing for the better just so their family and kids can be happier and more unified.  I constantly testify to them of the blessings that Ive recieved in my life because of the choice my parents made to raise me in this Gospel.  And also the blessing that Ill get to see my grandma and some friends again after this life because of The Plan of Salvation, which is Heavenly Fathers Plan of happiness for all of his children :)

With that, I hope you all had a happy Christmas season.  Theres a special place inside everybodys heart for true happiness, which we should fill with the Spirit and good things like family, friendship, and love :)  If we dont, the world will gladly fill it with other things that usually arent what will  make us truly happy.

Con Amor,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment