Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's getting hot . . .

Mi querido familia,
 
I´m tired.  I´ve never been so exhausted in my entire life.  I fell asleep during my studies the other day without realizing it.  My companion had to wake me up to tell me it was time to hit the streets.  I don´t know if it´s just the heat or what but I´ve been so out of it this week.   It´s really started to get hot.  As a companionship we whip out our matching fans my companion bought us.  Makes me feel part of the culture, very chulo, very Spaniard. 
      
My companion talks in her sleep it´s hillarious.  She always gives me the lessons out loud in the night.  She said the other night she woke herself up as she was talking in her sleep and then heard me talking back to her in my sleep.  jajaja.  Then she told me not only was I talking in my sleep, but it was all in Spanish!!!!!  You know what that means, I´m fluent!!!  They say you´re fluent in another language once you start dreaming in that language.  I hope they´re right....
 
It was disappointing to see 2 of our investigators within 2 weeks move all of the sudden.  They both had baptism fechas as well.  RATS!  The good thing is the church in their new areas have their info. and one set of missionaries in Barcelona has already set a new date to be baptized with Jorge(se llama).  As for Maria, we dropped her off with her millions of bags at the bus station to wave her off to Madrid.  From there she will fly out to Bolivia.  Sorry Craig, not Cochabumba but Santa Cruz Bolivia.  We just gave 2 sets of missionaries a free-bie baptism, lucky ducks!   As for me that´s the story of my life for the past 6 1/2 months.  I teach all these great people, they become converted and right before their baptism they move or I am moved to a different city.  It´s been really hard on me.  I feel like I work so hard all the time and don´t see enough success pay off in the water.  What am I doing wrong?  What is the Lord trying to teach me?  I´m not sure.  Patience?  maybe.  Service, love....yes.
 
Well my dear loved ones, thank you for your cabin letters.  I bet you loved vacationing in the mountains!  I continue to pray for you daily.  I continue to ask for your prayers that this dry-spell I have will be broken.  What´s important I realize is the lessons I am learning.  How I am growing to be like my father in heaven.  How this is really preparing me for an eternal marriage.   I know that God lives and loves us.  He and his son Jesus Christ were once in our shoes.  Remember that.  They understand us, they know where we are coming from.  They have bodies just like we do.  They did this journey, overcame it, and showed how to do it correctly so that we can truly be happy and grow.  When nobody understands you, get on your knees and have a one on one conversation with the man above who does understand and wants to bless you, he is just waiting for you to ask.  I know there are miracles now days, look for the daily little miracles.  Count your blessings and I promise you will be happier.  It all depends on you.  You and the gift God gave us of agency.  Love you all, ¡Cuidase!
 
sinceremente,
Hermanita Walker



 

No comments:

Post a Comment