Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

My dear family,
 
Happy Valentine´s Day!
 
This week has been full of miracles, but really hard.  I say that only because every prepared person and progressing investigator we meet or have, randomly moves or is not in our area.  I sent a picture of one of them.  This is Junior.  Was baptized just last night.  We contacted him, had a lesson, brought him to church then had to hand him over to the other Hermana´s.  Great, sweet, and just a humbled guy.  This was like his 4th or 5th time meeting with the missionaries.  President always says usually it takes them until the 7th set of missionaries to finally go through with it.
 
Yes!  I did meet Elder Booher this week!  Great missionary!  We chatted about you for a bit.  We also finally got the hot water fixed!  It´s about time!  Funny and scary story,....so we have this old iron that was giving us trouble....one day my companion plugged it into the wall and it not only blew a spark but the whole iron randomly caught on fire!!!!!!!  It burnt the cord off and a section of the ironing board.  i was in the room with her doing my hair when it happened.  I ran and got a wet towel and the fire extinguisher.  1 min later it was out...
 
Yesterday on the way to church we had a drunk guy follow us around and tried hitting on us and kept trying to grab my cute little blonde haired companion.  Well I got fed up with it and turned around and told him off.  Oops.  He was drunk anyway so probably didn´t know who we were.  Then my other companion was like, "If you don´t leave us alone, I´m going to call the cops!!!"  He took off running.  jajaja.  Then that same day, in the evening,  3 more guys, probably drunk as well, followed us inside to the church for the baptism.  They sat in on it, talked with members, the elders had their eye on them.  They went and grabbed pamplets and were like if those american girls go here we want to be baptized!  So uncomfortable as they stared us down the whole meeting.  so funny!  they left before it even ended thank goodness. 
 
I know as missionaries we have the spirit of God!  Too many experiences happen a day where I cannot deny that!  Love you all!!!!  Have a great week!!!!
 
su hija

--
Hermana Caminadora, Spain Barcelona Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment