Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Playing Mom

These 2 last weeks have been crazy as I´ve played mom.  Not one but both of my companions got sick almost all week.  I´m lucky I still haven´t caught a thing.  After studies I made them soup, did all the mile high dishes, mopped, cleaned out piso junk that I´m sure had been there since the 80´s, took down the christmas decor and ofcourse as you know me cleaned and redecorated.  It was disgusting but I got the job done!  The fridge when I got there smelled like a dead rat so I cleaned it out head to toe.  I ended up with 5 big trash bags of junk, trash, and rotten food. 
 
Contacts here have to be done 10X faster than in my last area because everyone is always in a rush here in Barc.  It´s seriously like a Spaniard NYC.  We take the metro everywhere we go and pass out cards left and right like the Newzies, there´s music in the metro, etc.  Being a missionary here I feel like a Newzie in NYC on strike in the ghetto.  Graffeti everywhere, men whistling, I mean just some crazy stuff here in the suburbs of Barcelona.  Speaking solement Español in this companionship has been the best but the hardest thing I´ve ever had to do.  I´ve learned to be patient that´s for sure.  I´m just glad I have a friend in this trio to help me out when I get stuck in the language barrier.  I´ve learned more Spanish in 2 weeks than in 2 months.  It´s wonderful, but hard for certain...other reasons.  We´re also in Cataluya area which means everything is in Catalan not Spanish.  Totally different language here in Barc. the Catalans want to be their own nation here it´s crazy.  so looks like I might have to learn a little bit of Catalan while here. 
 
We meet soooo many Bolivians here I feel like that´s all I contact.  So Craig I just got a reference the other day here ya go:
Jhonny Terrazas c/Los andes sona transito N 927 Cochabamba Bolivia.  telefono: 45902577
 
oh and mom katie palmer just wrote me and she wants to be added to the email list.  Thanks for the christmas letter mom, loved it!  Also thank you to everybody who sent a christmas letter and card to me.  Thank you so much for your support!  It is greatly appreciated!
 
I also was able to go to Madrid again this week to pick up my card, so fun!  We thought we were supposed to be there Monday but it was Wednesday.  So we woke up at 4 in the morning for nothing last week, got there at the train station and the guy was like um...these tickets say for Wednesday...miscommunication with the office.  haha.  We went back to bed. 
 
This week has been busy and full of miracles.  One of my favorite miracles of the week was Victor.  We were on our way to a eating cita with a family who are members.  Well right before we got there I ran ahead to go contact a young adult.  I started talking to him and he popped out the head phones until I just asked, "Well what are you doing right now, would you like to come with us?"  He said sure, dropped his stuff off I at his house and along he came.  He was so open and prepared to hear the gospel.   Just the sweetest kid ever!  So sincere and so sweet.  He was born and raised in Barcelona. The lesson went so incredibly well, especially since it was my companions and I first or second lesson together.  We couldn´t even finish the baptismal question before he exclaimed, "¡sí, sí, sí!"  Then we realized that he is just barely in the Elders area. haha.  That´s okay though, still a miracle!
Well, love you all!  I know this is the work of the Lord.  ¡Cuidase!
 
su hija

ps can´t believe I´m going to be 23 ahhhhh!!!!!!  I´m soooooo old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Hermana Caminadora, Spain Barcelona Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment